Since 1995 Preferred Doors, Inc. is a family locally owned and operated garage door company that provides quality and affordable services for all of Houston, Katy, Cypress, Sugar Land TX and the surrounding areas. We are dedicated to providing prompt, honest, courteous, repair, service, installation, and sales at competitive prices.
NO WD-40! WD-40 is actually a solvent and definitely will breakdown factory grease and then dry out causing more friction. Friction is metal to metal and will cause quick failures and costly repairs. Furthermore, it lures in airborne dirt and dust to it. I recommend using a high quality silicon spray. The heavier the silicon spray, the more effective. The heavier spray has a tendency to lubricate for a longer time. If you are using your door a great deal, I would recommend spraying the door every 6 months.
Preferred Doors proudly offers the full line of AMARR, CHI, and Windsor brand garage doors. Including windstorm hurricane rated windload garage doors. As for automatic electic openers, we offer Liftmaster, Chamberlain, Genie, and Linear.
Preferred Doors offers many options for any budget. From basic raised panel, all the way to top of the line handcrafted cedar overlay carriage house wood garage doors, we have the right choice for you. If you need a new electric opener, we offer reliable chain-driven and quiet belt driven units, in both basic, premium, and elite versions. Click here for our buyer's guide.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
Preferred Doors Is A Family Owned Business. We Live And Operate In Your Neighborhood!
FREE ESTIMATES With All Prices Quoted Up Front
We Can Restore Or Replace All Types Of Overhead Doors And Any Garage Door Opener.
All Name-Brand Products Customers Want.
We Do Not Sub-Contract Our Work.
Preferred Doors also carries a wide variety of torsion springs for your broken garage door spring replacement, as well as extension springs on our service trucks. We also carry most all other replacement parts for your repair at all times.
3. Have you ever carried out a repair on your garage door yourself in the past? If yes, do you feel you did a beneficial job during that time? Do you fully understand how your garage door mechanically works? And, you really don't feel that the present repair is required due to your self-repair effort. If your answer to all these are yes, you may decide to have another go at doing it yourself.
4. Is your garage door automatic or manual operated? Do you have residential or commercial ones? When you have automatic and/or commercial garages, the sophistication of operation, electronic components, the quantity parts could be tremendous do the repair yourself. In this case, you might want professional service techs to perform the job. Self repair excursion in these situations could lead to additional damage/problems to your garage door and consequently cost additional dollars.
So you've a broken torsion spring? In case your garage door is large, heavy, to need two torsion springs you certainly wish to replace both of them at the same time to save lots of repair dollars in the near future!
Over time springs wear out, and fatigue. They will no longer have the ability to correctly counter balance the weight of the garage door. During this period your door will become heavier and heavier. Sadly, when you have a broken spring, this has been taking place for the last couple of months or years!
Why is this issue? Unfortunately, most electric garage door operators manufactured within the last 15 years have turned out to be more dependent on nylon plastic components. Openers developed today merely “guide” the door down and up not pull or push it. The opener manufactures knows this and an overhead door that is operating perfectly smooth the opener will operate for years. But in an event there's a problem...... Click here to continue reading.
Once your Houston garage door isn't working properly and needs repair, you have a decision to do it yourself or use a specialist to do the job. The conclusion is definitely challenging one. At times it can be very easy and could save you time and money. In other cases, you might save couple of bucks by doing the work yourself but may ignore couple of essential components which may affect life of the garage door. If your door is automated or a commercial one, the chances are that you would be more satisfied with end result by consulting the expert.
So, how should you determine what to do when your garage door needs repair? Let us take into account the following points:
1. Is the warranty period expired? If no, phone the installer or service company quickly.
2. Do you have a service agreement? If you have one, grab the phone and have them to schedule at the earliest convenience.
If sadly, you have none of the above, let's consider the other aspects.
If you need a new remote control or a keypad for your electric opener, we have you covered as well. We also service nearly all brands and models of garage doors Houston and garage door openers. Don't wait call us today!
5. Do you experience the feeling that your garage doors may need to be changed out or a complete restoration at the very least? Or, do you feel that you really want to have money saving of getting your current garage door repaired or replaced. If your answer is yes, call a good garage door company provider who offers all these services as well. They can let you know what is beneficial for you. Sometimes, a replacement will be less costly than getting your old garage door repaired.
6. For those who have chose to call a professional, pay close attention to the following:
1. If your original installer provides repair service as well, it might be a good idea to go with them.
2. It’s really important to look for after service warranty period.
3. If a dealer is with BBB (Better Business Bureau) and provides prompt service, you should favor them, particularly in a case of commercial or automated garage doors. They are going to be available in case of emergencies.