Dark Brown Windows and Window Inserts Now Available.
Amarr is pleased to announce that the color Dark Brown in the Stratford 1000/2000 and Oak Summit 1000/2000 is now available with windows and with any Dark Brown DecraTrim window insert.
Dark Brown is a richer and darker brown when compared to the existing Amarr Brown and matches competitive Browns in the marketplace.
Dark Brown touch-up paint (#99345236) and touch-up spray (#99345235) is available, as well as Dark Brown vinyl stop in 7’, 8’, 9’, 16’ and 18’ lengths.
Amarr Dark Brown color can also be purchased at any Sherwin Williams location by asking for Amarr’s national account Dark Brown custom color formula.
Marketing materials will be updated at next re-print and Dark Brown steel color discs are available from your local Amarr Garage Door Dealer.
Dark Brown hand samples are not available at this time, but will be in early 2011.
Please contact your local Amarr Dealer Houston if you have any questions.
Effective immediately, the powder coat option for Amarr Commercial and Residential Aluminum Full View doors is not available. Due to an unexpected vendor decision, Amarr has had to suspend offering the powder coat option on Model 3500, Model 3550 and Vista Collection.
Sales brochures, http://dealer.amarr.com/ and the price catalog will not be revised, as we expect to resolve the vendor issue and resume offering powder coat colors. We are unsure of how long the suspension will be, but will notify you as soon as possible.
Commercial and Residential Aluminum Full View doors are still available with a large variety of glass options. The color offering for each model is:
Model 3500 Clear Anodized
Model 3550 Clear Anodized, White
Vista Collection Clear Anodized, White
To determine the status of an open order for a powder coated Aluminum Full View door, contact your local Amarr Garage Door Dealer.
garage door repair houston
Featured Products: 3850 Elite Series with Free Second Remote and Keyless Entry and 3255 Contractor Series with Free Second Remote. Special Deals available on Elite, Premium, and Contractor Series, while supplies last. Select models offering Free Extra Remote and Keyless Entry on Elite and Premium operators.
click here for pricing
Garage Door Repair
Amarr Garage Doors
Garage Door Spring Replacement
You should do some legwork and find out if your potential garage door technicians are professional to begin with.
When choosing a professional garage door company for your home, you should analyze a few things before actually calling one. First, you should do some research and find out if your potential garage door installer is professional to begin with. Make sure you check proper business license. Start by requesting for a list of jobs they’ve actually installed along with references. Do not rely or trust an ad on your local paper or the internet. Just because they have an ad it does not mean they are reliable.
Don’t let their nice, attractive personality fool you. Although they may seem to be of nice appearance, you may hire the wrong technician for your project. There is wide range of garage door repair technicians in your area to decide from. Fraudulent workers are out there, so you must filter them carefully. This article will give you a few tips on how to contract your next repair expert where you live.
Some of the most familiar things to consider before you hire your next repair technician or contractor should be as follows: 1. Check how long they have been in business? 2. Are they making any promises on their ads that can be easily voided? 3. How proficient are they, can they really handle the whole job wholly or do they seem limited? 4. Do they have referrals that you can validate? 5. Do they have a website to where you can search more about their business?
Below is a break down on the questions mentioned previous so that you can be more familiar with when calling a contractor for your home or business.
1. Find out how long they have been in business. – If you find out the company or technician has been in business for more than 5 years, then that is an excellent chance they are a dependable company. Unlike other companies that fail within the first 5 years of being in business. If the company has been in business for more than 10 years, then rest assured and has peace of mind that you are dealing with a true professional. A company cannot stay in business too long if they don’t have any referrals to back up the business.
2. Range of Garage Door Services Offered. – Can the company handle every aspect of the project or are they handling one part only and out sourcing the other? This is typical in a small startup company where they are not experienced enough and need the extra resources to finish the job up. Ask if they are going to work on the entire project alone or someone else coming in to do another aspect of the project. You must be extremely careful, your guarantee might be demanding to claim if multiple technicians perform the work. In the end, you will not distinguish who guarantees what? Be sure to commit to single person to complete the entire job right from the start.
3. Reviews and Complaints – Is the company listed with the Better Business Bureau or are they registered with Yahoo, Google and other search engines where clients have been given the opportunity to review the company? We live in an age where referrals are the new way of doing business. It is in our nature to do business with people that have been recommended by friends and family.
4. Web Presence – Do a quick search for the company in Google or Yahoo and see what comes up for their business name, many times you will see excellent or may be even adverse hits on their reputation, this way you can have a prominent idea who you are dealing with and possibly have something to ask them when you meet with them in person.
Resources: Preferred Doors provides detailed information on Garage Doors, Garage Door Openers, Garage Door Repair, Overhead Garage Doors and more.
Your overhead garage door is more than likely the largest moving object in your home. Garage doors are essential not only in protecting your cars from the outside harsh weather, but also in protecting your vehicles (and your house) from burglars and intruders. Depending on multiple factors, a typical double wide overhead garage door usually weighs two to three hundred pounds. Some type of springing system is equipped to counterbalance the weight of the door which in turn makes the door a mere to open by hand. Comparable to automobiles, garage doors need to be serviced once a year so you or your electric door opener has an easy life opening and closing your garage door.
Majority of the newer doors purchased today is steel. This explains the reason for the most economical decision is steel. Steel garage doors provide the minimal amount of upkeep as compared to wood with the outside elements. Although, if you prefer the carriage house appearance, some garage door manufactures provide carriage house style doors in composite and handmade western red cedar wood. The advantages of red cedar or a composite door is the ability to apply stain to match parts of your house. This is something that you can’t do with a steel overhead door. Of course, with the natural look and cost of cedar or composite, it wouldn’t make sense to paint it. Now on the other hand, the lower end wood overhead garage doors can be painted, although it is not as durable as steel and requires more maintenance. The lower end wood doors usually consist of some type of hemlock fir and masonite hard board to make up the construction. For wood, you need stain or paint to keep a wood overhead door looking good and for its longevity. Basically, seal it up from the elements and moisture from getting inside the door. We also recommend a rubber seal between the floor and the door to prevent the wood door from drawing moisture off the floor when the door is closed. Once the wood door starts drawing moisture, it will soon start to deteriorate.
Because of advances in manufacturing, steel doors have greatly improved over the last several years by providing six to eight colors to choose from. Nearly all steel door companies have the wood grain design textured surface with embossed raised panels. So now you can get the same elegant wood look even if your overhead garage door is actually made of steel. Some manufactures have gone a bit farther with steel by offering the looks of handmade carriage house western red cedar but in the low maintenance and lower costs of steel. So, unless you need a door that you want to stain match part of your house, steel door offers so many options today compared ten years ago.
Remember annual maintenance and using your garage door regularly will guarantee its continuous operation for many years to come.
Steel Garage Doors
Wood Garage Doors
Garage Door Repair
Our specialty is Garage Doors, and we know what it takes to keep your family safe during the storm season and all year long. Preferred Doors is pleased to announce a new wind load brochure for it’s customer’s in wind load markets. The new 6-page brochure is available from Preferred Doors. Call Now to schedule an appointment! 832-475-4616.
Click Here for a complete Brochure.
Garage Door Repair Houston
Amarr is pleased to announce the introduction of the Vista Collection, a residential Aluminum Full View door. Providing a modern contemporary look, the Vista transforms your garage into a bright and inviting room in your home. With the same durable construction as the Amarr Commercial Model 3550, the Vista has many unique glass options for residential applications. Ordering begins November 15, 2010.
Features and Benefits of Amarr Vista Collection:
- 2” thick extruded commercial-grade aluminum frame provides durability, low maintenance and corrosion resistance.
- Tongue and groove section joints and bottom weather seal provide additional protection against the elements.
- Clear View Aluminum Strut System maximizes viewing area, adds strength and durability to doors and provides a consistent style to match the contemporary design of the full view door. Struts are available in clear anodized aluminum or white powder coat color to match the standard door finishes.
- Attractive, modern exterior handles (2) included.
- Standard door is available in clear anodized aluminum and white powder coat.
- Additional powder coat colors available at a price upcharge. See attached powder coat color chart and Vista price catalog for options.
- Standard door includes 1/8” Tempered Clear glass. Additional single pane and insulated tempered glass available at a price up charge.
- Anodized aluminum or white powder coat panels also available.
- Wind load options available to meet local building codes.
- 5-year Limited Warranty on finish, materials, workmanship and hardware. 10-year Limited Warranty on insulated glass. 5-year Limited Warranty on laminated glass. Warranty attached.
Click Here for a product brochure.
Garage Door Repair Houston
Amarr is excited to announce the color addition of Medium Woodgrain to Amarr’s Classica Collection® (Classica 1000/2000/3000), Oak Summit 3000 and Stratford® 3000. This Medium Woodgrain color simulates the beautiful look of golden oak and has the low-maintenance and durability of steel. Medium woodgrain is available in the many authentic carriage house designs of Classica, as well as the energy efficient and economically priced Oak Summit 3000 carriage house in bead board, raised panel and recessed panel and traditional Stratford 3000 doors. The Medium Woodgrain color uses the same great paint system and has the same Limited Lifetime paint warranty as the other Amarr colors in these specific products. The beginning order date for this color is Monday, April 30, 2010.
Click the picture to download the pdf version.
Garage Door Repair Houston
Preferred Doors offers the following garage and home safety tip.
Do you sometimes have your car valet parked? If you do, consider securing your garage door remote. If it “disappears” and if your vehicle registration lists your home address, you could have a security issue.
- Never leave the remote control in the car or with a parking attendant. It should be treated like a house key. Consider a keychain remote.
- If your opener does not have rolling-code technology system, be sure to change the manufacturer’s standard access codes on the operator and remote control.
- Keep your blinds, shades, and curtains in their normal position so you do not bring attention to being gone.
- Always lock the door from the garage to the inside of your home. It is a small inconvenience for safety and security.
- Ask a neighbor to park in your driveway so it looks as if someone is home.
Garage Door Repair Houston
Preferred Doors Offers Tips on Maintaining Your Garage Door
June is Garage Door Safety Month and Preferred Doors is working to increase awareness of the possible hazards of garage doors and automatic opener systems as well as the need for periodic inspection and maintenance to keep them safe. The garage door is the largest moving object in most homes and according to statistics provided by the US Consumer Product Safety Commission and the National Electronic Injury Surveillance System they were responsible for just over 13,000 injuries in 2007. Read more