Since 1995 Preferred Doors, LLC. is a family locally owned and operated garage door company that provides quality and affordable services for all of Houston, Katy, Cypress, Sugar Land TX and the surrounding areas. We are dedicated to providing prompt, honest, courteous, repair, service, installation, and sales at competitive prices.
Call 832-475-4616 or 281-579-8400
Preferred Doors also carries a wide variety of torsion springs for your broken garage door spring replacements in Houston, as well as extension springs on our service trucks. We also carry most all other replacement parts for your repair at all times.
If you need a new remote control or a keypad for your electric opener, we have you covered as well. We also service nearly all brands and models of garage doors and garage door openers. Don't wait call us today!
Preferred Doors proudly offers the full line of AMARR, CHI, and Windsor brand garage doors. Including windstorm hurricane rated windload garage doors. As for automatic electic openers, we offer Liftmaster, Chamberlain, Genie, and Linear.
Preferred Doors offers many options for any budget. From basic raised panel, all the way to top of the line handcrafted cedar overlay carriage house wood garage doors Houston, we have the right choice for you. If you need a new electric opener, we offer reliable chain-driven and quiet belt driven units, in both basic, premium, and elite versions. Click here for our buyer's guide.
Truly, you should appoint a service professional to get your garage door springs fixed. Broken overhead door torsion springs are a pain in the ***** to replace and more often than not you will need the help of a skilled door technician to repair the problem. However, if you feel mightily capable (and self-assured) that you will be able do the work on your own, here are some of the important things that you should check before buying a replacement spring:
1. Measure the length of the spring
2. Measure the inside diameter.
3. Measure the wire thickness within a thousand of an inch (.001)
Most homeowners can't replace or repair Houston garage doors by themselves due to the technical facets of the whole process itself. This really is where a skilled garage door business is available in. While you wish to look for a business that you can rely upon fixing garage doors, some businesses might ask you for too-much money or be wasting your time and effort.
A company that's tried to solve them and has responded to any consumer problems is just a company that does worry about their status.
What we suggest would be to first do your research about the business. There's lots of information available about businesses on the web.
You need to select a Houston business that's a good name and has served their place for at the very least several decades, has good ratings and reviews and as well as some type of guarantee. You want to ensure all our clients are looked after today and to-morrow.
These are all great questions to ask and consider whenever you are having any type of service performed in your house or business.
1. What type of guarantee are they providing using their services and products and services?
2. Check-out their on line reviews and status. Really read a few of their evaluations. It's getting harder to tell if the evaluations are for real anymore or not. We would like to think that most organizations are honest.
3. Take a look at their on the web reviews and status. Really read a number of their evaluations. It's getting tougher to inform when the evaluations are for real anymore or not. We'd prefer to believe that many organizations are honest and getting evaluations the proper way.
4. Take a look at their scores with the BBB Houston. Some clients you simply can't please.
5. You would like a business that's likely to be around for some time.
6. They need to really understand your condition and have the ability to give a hard cost to you over-the phone.
NO WD-40! WD-40 is actually a solvent and definitely will breakdown factory grease and then dry out causing more friction. Friction is metal to metal and will cause quick failures and costly repairs. Furthermore, it lures in airborne dirt and dust to it. We recommend using a high quality silicon spray. The heavier the silicon spray, the more effective. The heavier spray has a tendency to lubricate for a longer time. If you are using your door a great deal, I would recommend using it every 6 months.